Pin thinks it is connected - has blue dot

PCB123 Schematic Questions and Discussion.

Re:Pin thinks it is connected - has blue dot

by Sal Hernandez » Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 am

Yes, send me the 123 file. This is the first time this issue has been reported. If you can provide steps to reproduce the issue I can report it to our development team.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

I'm guessing there is a problem with the symbol. I will need to see your Sunstone PCB123 Files that shows the issue along with the schematic library file that contains the symbol. Is this only happening with one part or multiple parts? Would you please email your file to support@sunstone.com for review? If the issue exists with only one or a few custom symbols please also send the .sym file that contains the problem symbols. You can find your custom symbol libraries by using the PCB123 files shortcut found in your My Documents folder then navigate to the Lib Custom folder. Your customer .sym libraries are located in the Custom folder.

The direct path to the Lib\Custom folder will be one of the following.

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PCB123\Lib\Custom

Vista and Win 7: C:\ProgramData\PCB123\Lib\Custom
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Sal Hernandez

Pin thinks it is connected - has blue dot

by don » Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 am

I am a complete newbie at this so in all liklihood this question is almost too dumb to answer. But I keep running into the situation where a pin on an IC has a blue dot in it which appears to mean that it is connected. And when it has a blue dot in it, I cannot connect a wire to it or run a wire from it. I can't find any way to get rid of that blue dot and so I am stuck deleting the part and inserting a fresh one, which is a major pain when I have spent a lot of time wiring up the one with the erroneous blue dot. I can't tell you exactly how it got that blue dot but I think it might be from attaching a wire and then later deleting it, leaving only the blue dot. How do Iavoid this and how do I fix it when it happens?
don

by don » Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 am

This is happening with two components so far, both from the Ultra Digikey library (digikey_ic32.sym and digikey_ic25.sym). I can send you the .123 file (I assume that is what you mean by "your PCB123", right?) but I saved the project, closed the program, and when I reopened it, the dots disappeared and I was able to connect to the messed up pins again. This seems a lot more like a bug in PCB123 than a problem with the symbols. [BTW, This forum input window is EXTREMELY annoying because it is impossible to see the entire text of a paragraph at one time. You have to scroll horizontall at the end of every line and then scroll back again to get to the beginning of the next. And when you are typing at the end of a line, the cursor is no longer visible. FWIW, I am doing this on a netbook with 1024 x 600 resolution. Also, when I typed in this post the first time, after hitting submit, it took me to the login screen again (even though I had just logged in in a few minutes before) and I lost the entire post and had to re-enter it. Grrrr. Luckily it was a short post. ]
don

The issue above is not one that we can reproduce. The customer provided his file but the problem was no longer present. Please feel free to report issues directly to customer support for immediate review.It is best to include your .123 file, a description of the problem and the steps to reproduce the issue. Please feel free to contact customer support at any time with questions.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Sal Hernandez

Return to “PCB123 Schematic”