The following example shows what the updated library information will look like and how to delete the old parts and download the updated library files. In the future we will provide a web page listing the parts that are corrected (updated library information) which includes the libraries that have been modified, the manufacturer's part number that use the updated parts, and the name of the footprint or symbol that has been modified. This will provide you enough information to complete the steps below.
Please feel free to contact customer support if you have any questions.
Example: The following parts symbols have been updated in the PCB123 Ultra library. The symbols MC14001B, MC14001B_2, MC14001UB, and MC14001UB_2 are saved with OR gates and have been corrected with NOR gates.
Updated Library Information
- Mfg PN: MC14001B, MC14001B_2, MC14001UB, and MC14001UB_2
- Library: Motorola3.sym
- Symbol: MC14001B, MC14001B_2, MC14001UB and MC14001UB_2
- Go to your Documents folder and double click the PCB123 Files shortcut, or go directly to the Lib folder located on one of the two locations listed below.
- Win7/8 C:\ProgramData\PCB123\Lib
- Win XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PCB123\Lib
- Open the folders Lib > Ultra
- Locate and delete the .slb or .sym file identified in the updated library information.
- Open PCB123 then close the splash screen and the new board wizard.
- Open an existing PCB123 design or select the New (Ctrl + n) icon from the tool bar to create a blank board.
- Select Insert > Add Component from the menu bar.
- Search for the Manufacturer’s part located updated library documentation.
- Select the part and PCB123 will ask you if you want to download the library files associated with this part. Select Yes.
- Now you can use the updated parts.