Some sunstone footprints are incorrect?

Here you can find discussions pertaining to finding or creating Symbols and package footprints. Anything to do with Schematic or layout parts will be placed in this discussion.

Re: Some sunstone footprints are incorrect?

by Sal Hernandez » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:35 am

I checked the AU-Y1007-R and the pin spacing does not match the data sheet as you identified. Please edit the footprint to match the data sheet. I will report this part to our development team.

AU-Y1006-R This part looks ok. the pads are a little longer than listed in the datasheet and the mounting holes seem a bit large. You might want to make the mounting holes 2.5mm but the part will fit as is.

EXB-V8V153JV This part will also work as is. You can make the pads smaller if you like but all the pads are in the correct locations and the part will fit without any changes.

Thank you for reporting issues. Feel free to contact customer support if you have any questions, or feel free to browse through your Printed Circuit Board (PCB) resources.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Re: Some sunstone footprints are incorrect?

by Sal Hernandez » Wed May 01, 2013 6:58 am

John,

Again, thanks for reporting this issue. In the current release there is no way to modify the footprint assignments for an entire family of parts. Once you create the footprint that is correct for your part you can use the Manage Parts tool to update the parts in the taxonomy one at a time. We will work to make this process easier in the future. Please contact customer support if you have any questions.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Return to “Schematic and Layout Parts (Libraries)”