Can't connect pins on schematic

Here you can find discussions pertaining to finding or creating Symbols and package footprints. Anything to do with Schematic or layout parts will be placed in this discussion.

Can't connect pins on schematic

by CircuitsRfun » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:51 am

I hope somebody can help me with this. When I insert a part into the schematic and try to connect it to other parts, I get an error message that the pin cannot be connected because there is no matching pin on the pcb footprint. But I've checked the footprint an both pins have pin numbers -- 1 & 2. I am using ver. 5.1.3 on a Dell Inspiron running Windows 8.1. Anybody have any suggestions?
CircuitsRfun

Re: Can't connect pins on schematic

by Chuan Liu » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am

Can you please send your PCB123 file to support@susntone.com so we can take a look of your symbol and footprint?
Chuan Liu

Re: Can't connect pins on schematic

by Sal Hernandez » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:43 am

This usually comes up when you have a footprint with Pin Names that do not match the schematic Pin. When you create a footprint you set the Pin Name for each pin. By default the pins you place on the footprint are numbered starting at 1.

When you create a symbol you have two labels for each pin. First, you have the Pin Name which is a text string that is usually a description of the pin. Second, you have the Pin which is the pin number. The Pin value on the schematic symbol is what should match the layout footprint Pin Name.

If you have already verified that the information described above is correct you can send in your PCB123 design for review to support@sunstone.com. Please include the schematic symbol library and footprint library that contain the problem part. Please also include the reference designator for the part you are having trouble with so we can find it quickly. You can reference this forum post so you don't need to describe the issue again.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Return to “Schematic and Layout Parts (Libraries)”