incorrect part shown in the schematic

Here you can find discussions pertaining to finding or creating Symbols and package footprints. Anything to do with Schematic or layout parts will be placed in this discussion.

incorrect part shown in the schematic

by GDaddy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:01 pm

I'm brand new to PCB123 (today) but have quite a bit of experience with ExpressPCB and with Eagle PCB software by CadSoft.

In my first PCB123 project, I've run into a problem. When I specify a 10-contact connector, AWLP-10/3.2-G-R (DigiKey Part HDM10H-ND), a 14-pin connector appears in the schematic. Yet, the correct part number (AWLP-10-...) appears in the bill of materials. Also, the part number shown when I place the "cursor" on the part in the schematic is correct (AWLP-10-...), but the part shown in the schematic has 14 pins.

Other connectors in that series also show 4 more pins than selected.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
GDaddy

Re: incorrect part shown in the schematic

by Sal Hernandez » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:28 am

That is an odd part. You can just go to the footprint remove the two extra mounting holes. When you update the layout footprint it will for the schematic symbol to update to match. This doesn't always provide a well formed symbol.

The other option is to edit the footprint, edit or create a symbol, and pair the two into a new part in the taxonomy. This will give you the best result, but requires more work.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Return to “Schematic and Layout Parts (Libraries)”