Problems with BOM

PCB123 Schematic Questions and Discussion.

Problems with BOM

by berkowski » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:01 pm

I have found an issue where changing part attributes does not affect the BOM spreadsheet.

I laid out a number of circuits using general placeholders for passives. Later I changed the manufacturer name, part number, value, and digikey number to components I selected, and those parts were copied and inserted into the schematic after removing the old placeholder part.

However, these updates were not propagated to the BOM spreadsheet; instead, the BOM still shows the old Manuf./Manuf. part #/Digikey part # instead of the updated values.

There doesn't seem to be a "refresh" or "rebuild" option for the BOM page. Deleting all these old parts referenced in the BOM, creating new "custom" components, and redoing all the circuits is not an option at this time since it would also require re-laying the components and I've already got all the components into a rough layout.

Is there a way to force PCB123 to rebuild the BOM from scratch?
berkowski

Re: Problems with BOM

by Sal Hernandez » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:16 am

This is a know issue that is discussed in the forum post linked below.

schematic-symbol-does-not-update-after- ... -t280.html

Unfortunately, there is not an automated way to refresh or force update the bom. If you are too far along to replace the parts on your schematic with updates you can export the bom and manually edit the document.

This is a issue that we are working on for a future release.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Return to “PCB123 Schematic”