TCP Connection Error

Discuss PCB123. Talk to the influencers. Be an influencer.

TCP Connection Error

by rconger » Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm

I'm running PCB123 from a corporate network and it is having problems opening any TCP ports to connect to Sunstone. Specifically, when a board file is opened the program complains that pricing information cannot be looked up and that updates to the program cannot be attempted. The later says, "Error checking for a newer version of PCB123. A connection to the server could not be established." The former says,
"SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client [no subcode]
"Timeout"
Detail: connect failed in tcp_connect()"

I also cannot download any library components from within the program as it can never establish a connection to Sunstone. I've talked with our network team and they've tried completely unblocking Sunstone's website, but it didn't correct the problem. Are there specific addresses that PCB123 goes to when it's running that could be unblocked to correct this issue?
rconger

Re: TCP Connection Error

by Sal Hernandez » Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 pm

You could try allowing anything .sunstone.com or start with api.sunstone.com and download.sunstone.com. The PCB123 pricing is located at the api location and parts libraries at download. If this doesn't work you network security is preventing access to the data. You can try installing PCB123 on another computer outside the network to verify that the installer is ok. Please contact customer support if you have any questions.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Return to “General PCB123 Discussion”