How can I locate specific warnings reported by the DRC?

Discuss PCB123. Talk to the influencers. Be an influencer.

How can I locate specific warnings reported by the DRC?

by Sal Hernandez » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:47 am

As issues arise in your PCB123 PCB Design Software you will see warnings popup on your screen. You can mouse over these objects to see a summary of the issues. If you would like to scroll through the reported issues you can press the "n" key on your keyboard and PCB123 will move to each DRC warning. You may want to zoom in on the reported area then press the n key.

At anytime you can run the DRC to look for issues. You can do this by selecting Design > Run DRC or by selecting the
DRC_dark_metalic.jpg
DRC_dark_metalic.jpg (1015 Bytes) Viewed 7425 times
or
DRC_modern.jpg
DRC_modern.jpg (1.17 KiB) Viewed 7425 times
depending on the PCB123 appearance option you have selected. After running the DRC you are presented with a DRC summary.
DRC_Summary.jpg
DRC_Summary.jpg (26.84 KiB) Viewed 7425 times
Uncheck the boxes for the drc warnings that you do not want to review and select the OK button. You can now zoom in on an area and use the n key to cycle through the reported warnings.

Another way to cycle through the drc warnings is to use the Edit Panel. At any time you can go to the bottom of the edit panel and select the DRC/ERC tab.
Edit Panel DRC_ERC Tab.jpg
Edit Panel DRC_ERC Tab.jpg (40.17 KiB) Viewed 7425 times
On the DRC/ERC tab you will see the following.
DRC Violations Edit Panel.jpg
DRC Violations Edit Panel.jpg (11.25 KiB) Viewed 7425 times
The Goto first and Goto next items perform the same function as pressing the n key on your keyboard. You can expand the Errors by category and Errors by Layer folders by clicking in the box located to the left of the folder label. You can the select specific DRC violations and PCB123 will zoom in the the specific location.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Return to “General PCB123 Discussion”