Re:Making changes to routs

Includes information regarding protoyping, technical questions, company news, and input about our products.

Re:Making changes to routs

by Sal Hernandez » Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 am

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward your comments to our development team. PCB123 does not allow you break a net but if you click on a line segment the trace will split, you can then move the new part into position and route to the new part. This way you don't need to reroute the entire trace.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Making changes to routs

by Chazteck » Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 am

I use the software probably way different then most..
(im sure you will all be horrified i don't follow proper procedure blah blah blah erg)
I design and perfect and simulate circuits on another platform but i layout on 123...
and i go right to the layout section and start building...
I know what i want to do and hate the other platforms routing nonsense.
When i want to go back and change a rout like lets say add a component in series
braking the rout i find it hard and frustrating to have to jump through hoops to do this.(if i even can).
instead of some right click thing to brake the net at a specific point and insert a new
component.
if i disconnect pins yeah all fine but it will undo a lot of previous work I have to now redraw..
(maddening)
If it at least would only brake the local net. and update the schematic or something easy...
also some of the automatic jumping in and out of menu stuff i find really frustrating
at times.(yeah i get its cool for some but me its just irritating to have to go click that same
button again and again to get me back to what i was last doing)

Still i love the software...Prints dead accurate too for checking placement..
Chazteck

Return to “Products and Services”