Why should I order electrical test?

Do you have a question on how to simplify the PCB manufacturing process? Ask our experts.

Why should I order electrical test?

by Sal Hernandez » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Electrical test is an optional service for many of the Full Feature printed circuit boards that we manufacture. Some pcb configurations require testing. Designs with 5 mil trace/space or with layer counts > 6 require testing.

Here are a few reasons one might select electrical test.
  • Electronic components are expensive.
  • Time is valuable
  • Issue can arise in manufacturing that cannot be seen with the naked eye
  • In manufacturing there will always be a small percentage of natural failure
After you place your Full Feature order you are provided with a full design review. This means that our CAM team will thoroughly review your layout for manufacturing issues. If issues are found we will provide a report detailing the issues. You can contact our customer support team 24 hours a day with questions.

Electrical testing ensures that the boards you receive can be assembled without issues. Even a well designed pcb can experience issues in manufacturing. Electrical test catches errors before they get to you or your assembly house. We stand behind our work 100%. Even if you do not order electrical test any pcbs found with manufacturing related failures will be replaced at no charge.

In my opinion the most important reason for electrical testing is the time saved in assembly. Stuffing a board with shorts is frustrating, time consuming and replacing parts can be very costly.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Re: Why should I order electrical test?

by Matt Stevenson » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Electrical test is also available on the PCBExpress Quickturn product as well. A peace of mind option that will insure that your boards are electrically equivalent to your submitted Gerber Files.
Matt Stevenson

by jean_howard » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:40 am

Yes, I do agree with you that testing is very important procedure and it will really improve the quality of PCB.
jean_howard

by Robert Ohanesian » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:14 am

Thank you Jean for your input. It is very appreciated to get a customers opinion on such controversial topics.
Regards,

Robert Ohanesian
Customer Support
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 800-228-8198
Fax: 503-829-6657
Robert Ohanesian

Return to “PCB Manufacturing Topics”