Quickturn service. What shape can my board be?

Do you have a question on how to simplify the PCB manufacturing process? Ask our experts.

Quickturn service. What shape can my board be?

by Barbie » Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 am

For Quickturn, the board can be any shape but the outline is limited by the size of the router bit. The router bit is .093" which requires a minimum notch of .100" The router must also be able to follow one continuous line without breaks.

Please note that board outlines for Quickturn will be rejected if they contain broken lines, overlapping lines, improperly drawn arcs and/or notches that can't accommodate our .093" router bit. We reserve the right to change the board shape to a default 0.0 (square or rectangle) snapped to the existing board outline"if" the board shape is difficult or not a single continuous line. Notches which are smaller than .100" are removed from the outline. To prevent this from occurring (if your board outline is rejected), you can specify on your order form to "hold the order for outline redraw." The order would then go on hold, a notice will be sent to you for a new outline file. This process can delay the final ship date of your order.

For more information on the board outline for Sunstone visit our website at: Sunstone Circuits
Or visit the quickturn quote page: Quickturn Printed Circuit Boards
Last edited by Barbie on Sun May 13, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie Dunham

Customer Support Representative
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 800-228-8198
Fax: 503-829-6657
Barbie

Re:I'm ordering through your Quickturn service. What shape c

by Terri Miller » Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 am

Hello,

Here is an example of an outline notch on a Quick Turn pcb - see attached image Outline_a.jpg. Here is a close up of the notch itself - see attached image Outline_b.jpg. The third image is a shot of the outline notch along with the actual route patch (route path shown in RED; outline itself in BLUE in this image) - see attached image Outline_Route Path.jpg.

If you have questions or need further examples of outline issues, reply to this post and we will do our best to assist you.

Thank you!

Terri
Regards,

Terri Miller
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Terri Miller

Re:I'm ordering through your Quickturn service. What shape c

by Terri Miller » Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 am

Hello Cinot,

The outline can be square, round, rectangle, triangle, and some slightly unusual shapes as long as the other manufacturing rules are followed; like the notch rule, etc.

For more information follow this link: Quickturn Printed Circuit Boards

You can also post one here as an example and I can take a look at it here!

Thank you,

Terri
Regards,

Terri Miller
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Terri Miller

Return to “PCB Manufacturing Topics”