V5.1.2 Feedback

Discuss PCB123. Talk to the influencers. Be an influencer.

Moderator: Sunstone Moderators

V5.1.2 Feedback

Postby gmccardle » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:09 pm

Hello,

Here's a couple of issue I've noticed in v5.1.2.

1. In high contrast mode in layout you can no longer see pin/net names on pads. It looks like the color for the text is the same pink as the pads. I use high contrast mode a lot, so this can be an inconvenience.

2. When moving text for schematic parts that have been flipped vertical the text moves the opposite direction of the mouse in the vertical axis. (I believe this used to be true on older version for horizontal as well, but seems to be fixed.)

3. If I edit a footprint that is currently being used in the layout (right click on part then select "Edit Footprint..") then update the component after making changes all of the layers in the Layer Display of the Edit Panel disappear. I have to close PCB123 and re-open it to get them back.

Hopefully you guys can sort these issues out. Thanks for making a great product!
gmccardle

Re: V5.1.2 Feedback

Postby DBrunermer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:43 pm

I'd like to report something odd about it too. Something seems to have happened either in the move from the V4 to V5 family, or maybe even in one of the minors, I'm not sure. But anyway, my 'unselect' time is way way long. What I mean is, if I select say, 5 nets in the schematic page, but then click elsewhere to not do the selection, the amount of time it takes for those nets to deselect is something I can measure in seconds.

I noticed in the transition from V3 -> V4 a big change in screen refresh times, and now I think the problems have gotten worse. I suppose it could be me, and maybe I have a bad graphics card, but I don't have the same problems with SolidWorks, and I'm pretty sure it's working the graphics pretty hard too. That said, I won't be changing any time soon. Keep it up!
DBrunermer

Return to General PCB123 Discussion