Port/Text properties request

PCB123 Schematic Questions and Discussion.

Moderator: Sunstone Moderators

Port/Text properties request

Postby gmccardle » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:14 pm

I have a feature request:

I would like to be able to change the _NETNAME property for ports (global, off-page, votlage, ground) from the properties editor for the port (right now it's locked). I would also like to be able to edit the text in a text string from the properties editor (right now it's not even shown). (Really I would like anything you can modify in the edit panel to be available in the properties editor - this seem to be more how things work on the layout side, so it'd be nice to have it here as well.)

I find it very frustrating having to click on the port, move the mouse to the edit panel, click in the box, and then change the net name. A lot of times I accidentally move the mouse out of the the edit panel and have to click it again. And now once I'm done this I have to replace the port back in the same place again, which a lot of the time end up changing where the bends in the connection from the port, which I then have to fix (minor I know, but I like the connections to be neat so the schematic is easily readable).

I would simply like to be able to mouse over the port (or text string), click P, edit the net name (or text) and click OK. This would save me a ton of time (especially when I'm working on a laptop with a crappy track pad) and would gain me some screen space because I could hide the Edit panel most of the time.

Hopefully you guys can make this happen, this would make me very happy. Thanks!

Re: Port/Text properties request

Postby Sal Hernandez » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted the suggestion to our developer.

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Return to PCB123 Schematic