Open Thread for Parts with Errors

Here you can find discussions pertaining to finding or creating Symbols and package footprints. Anything to do with Schematic or layout parts will be placed in this discussion.

Moderator: Sunstone Moderators

Re: Open Thread for Parts with Errors

Postby Sal Hernandez » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:46 am

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have attached a library that contains the 4-SMD footprint that you can use with the LTV-817S part. You can use the SOIC_14 footprint found in the standard.slb library for part LM339ADR. I have reported the incorrect parts.
Attachments
LITE-ON INC.SLB
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Software Support Engineer I
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Phone: 503-829-9108 x226
Fax: 503-829-5482
Sal Hernandez

Postby JohnWill » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:32 am

The entire set of Panasonic capacitors in the ECE-V1VA and apparently the ECE-V1HA line have incorrect footprints. They are specified as 22.225mm in diameter and the parts are far smaller, in the case of the one I tried to use, the actual part is 6mm in diameter. It actually looks like a lot of the Panasonic caps got the same footprint, which is incorrect.
JohnWill

Postby Sal Hernandez » Wed May 01, 2013 6:48 am

John,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are developing a process for updating the libraries with corrections. I will follow up soon with more information. Please contact customer support if you have any questions.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Sal Hernandez

Postby jed » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Sal,
I am looking at the TDK part: C2012SL1A104J, which uses the footprint CC0805_53N_TDK. We built a board based on this, and we found that the parts did not really fit well, and had to do some hand soldering to update the board. I am reviewing these footprints now (all of them) and I want to make sure I am doing it correctly... For this part, how would you verify it to have the correct footprint? What i did is as follows:
1. Went to the datasheet and compared the measurements (converting metric to mils) related to the soldering instructions: http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20She ... pl_B11.pdf page 70.

I found these to be very different from the footprint provided in PCB123... This is why I am asking for some help in verification. If you have time can you take a look at this part and tell me what you think the footprint should be?

I am fairly new to this development, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jed
jed

Postby Sal Hernandez » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:43 am

Most of the parts that we have in our library were supplied through a third party. Some of these footprints may have been auto generated based on information provided through manufacturer's data sheets. In this case the information used to create the footprint was the actual component lands not the recommended land pattern for a printed circuit board.

I always recommend checking each of the footprints you intend to use on your layout to ensure that the part you place on the board fits as expected.

In most cases there are two different footprint options available for each surface mount footprint. One for wave and another for reflow soldering. Please review page 15 of the document linked below for recommended PC board footprint design for this part.

http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/TDK%20PDFs/C_Series_GeneralAppl_Spec_rev_0.3_201012.pdf

We are working on a plan to begin releasing regular updates to the library to fix these issues. The biggest road block at this time is the number of duplicate footprints used in the various libraries, sometimes more than 20 libraries contain the same footprint.
Regards,

Sal Hernandez
Sunstone Circuits
13626 S. Freeman Road
Mulino, OR 97042
Sal Hernandez

Previous

Return to Schematic and Layout Parts (Libraries)