It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:09 pm

News News of Schematic and Layout Parts (Libraries)

Site map of Schematic and Layout Parts (Libraries) » Forum : Schematic and Layout Parts (Libraries)

Here you can find discussions pertaining to finding or creating Symbols and package footprints. Anything to do with Schematic or layout parts will be placed in this discussion.

Accesing a new digikey part number library

Hello im try to load this part number for a library, but the conection shown "this part number doesn't exist". Digikey finder yes is found
part number is: A99197TR-ND
Read more : Accesing a new digikey part number library | Views : 2693 | Replies : 1

How to open a symbol in the Symbol Editor

If you wish to open a symbol in the Symbol Editor, make sure to click the Open Symbol icon (the one that looks like a folder on your tool bar) and not the "Add Existing" button. The "Add Existing" button is to add a symbol to an existing one which will cause A and B tabs because you are creating a multi part symbol.
Read more : How to open a symbol in the Symbol Editor | Views : 1478 | Replies : 0

I want to learn to make nonstandard shaped pins I want to learn to make nonstandard shaped pins

I am working on a board and I have a part that I want to add that has large rectangular pins for a high current connection (see http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/ACS756SCA-100B-PFF-T/620-1238-ND/1829841). Now I understand that PCB123 has a limited drill selection which makes the boards very economical. However, is it possible to create pads with multiple round holes that overlap to create a roughly rectangular hole? Also around the large connections, the specsheet recommends having many smaller vias ...
Read more : I want to learn to make nonstandard shaped pins | Views : 3464 | Replies : 4

Sharing User-created parts

I don't see any thread such as this, but I've created a number of part templates based on the datasheet mechanical diagram (such as Vicor Maxi modules), and i was wondering if there is a place where users can upload and share their custom footprint and component files?
Read more : Sharing User-created parts | Views : 1486 | Replies : 1

How can we improve the PCB123 parts creation process?

We currently have a fairly complex parts creation process and the tools are spread about. It would improve the work flow if we could pull all of our parts creation tools into a single interface like the Parts manager. What I would like to see is the Generate footprint button, in Manage Parts, open the layoutNew Footprint tool. This should allow the customer to create or edit an existing footprint from one place. The New ...
Read more : How can we improve the PCB123 parts creation process? | Views : 2446 | Replies : 1

Re:update footprint

Hi Rick, You cannot just simply swap out the associated footprint with a component, this actually requires creating a new component. Here is a post that will step you through the process. PCB Parts Creation
Read more : Re:update footprint | Views : 2055 | Replies : 2

Re:Routing layers separately

Hi Steve, Unfortunately, there is no way to control which layers Autoroute will route. It will try and connect everything that has ratsnest lines.
Read more : Re:Routing layers separately | Views : 2673 | Replies : 2

Re:SMD Pad to Power Plane

You will want to use a fanout via from your surface mount pad. The forum post below explains how to add vias.

http://forum.sunstone.com/how-to-add-vias-t65.html
Read more : Re:SMD Pad to Power Plane | Views : 2165 | Replies : 1

Re:Footprints with multiple pins for a single electrical connection.

Thank you. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Urgent: please fix symbol update problem

I want to stress that this issue has caused me to redraw my schematic about 10 times. I've also had to redo the layout many times over. I am in the process of creating a library, and each time I find I need to make a change, it is very painful to update the symbol. Saving under a new file name as a work-around is just wrong, as Sunstone has defined the filename to be ...
Read more : Urgent: please fix symbol update problem | Views : 1353 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1103 • Total topics 496 • Total members 174609