It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm

News News of PCB Manufacturing Topics

Site map of PCB Manufacturing Topics » Forum : PCB Manufacturing Topics

Do you have a question on how to simplify the PCB manufacturing process? Ask our experts.

Quick Turn Products, NC Drill, & Blowouts

Question: “I received an email stating my Quick Turn PCB order was holding due to ‘blowouts’ in my NC Drill file. What does this mean and how can I resolve it?”

Answer: ‘Blowout’ is a condition caused by holes being placed to close together. By trying to drill the holes too close together, it causes the drill bits to break during the drilling process.

In order to keep costs at a minimum for ...
Read more : Quick Turn Products, NC Drill, & Blowouts | Views : 1877 | Replies : 0

Quickturn service. What shape can my board be?

For Quickturn, the board can be any shape but the outline is limited by the size of the router bit. The router bit is .093" which requires a minimum notch of .100" The router must also be able to follow one continuous line without breaks.

Please note that board outlines for Quickturn will be rejected if they contain broken lines, overlapping lines, improperly drawn arcs and/or notches that can't accommodate our .093" router bit. We ...
Read more : Quickturn service. What shape can my board be? | Views : 3029 | Replies : 2

PCB production flow

Thought some would like to see the standard steps for building a printed circuit board. Visit Sunstone for more information on our full line of quickturn and custom PCB's.
Read more : PCB production flow | Views : 2758 | Replies : 0

Ordering and the tree branches of status

I would like to ask for some form of documentation regarding the meaning of the "STATUS" field within the "Recent Orders". For example, Sunstone starts with "RECEIVED" if all necessary files are mapped and paid for as per Sunstone's automatic email notice, but is then moved to "PREPROCESSING". After "PREPROCESSING", there can be "ENGINEERING". Are all processes involved in status a single line or is it a tree like structure? What are the meanings to ...
Read more : Ordering and the tree branches of status | Views : 2286 | Replies : 2

Stencil apertures selections.

If you check the box for either home base or Trapezoidal apertures, your surface mount solder paste pad will be cut as shown in one of the images shown below.

If you want to have the original shape, you do not need to check the boxes for home base or Trapezoidal. If you are not sure which one you should use, please review the FAQ below:

Q: What are home base apertures and why would ...
Read more : Stencil apertures selections. | Views : 3118 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1103 • Total topics 496 • Total members 174610