It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:55 am

News News of General PCB123 Discussion

Site map of General PCB123 Discussion » Forum : General PCB123 Discussion

Discuss PCB123. Talk to the influencers. Be an influencer.

Connecting analog and digital ground to each other in PCB

How do I connect the analog and digital ground to each other in the layout toool. See attached document.
Read more : Connecting analog and digital ground to each other in PCB | Views : 2934 | Replies : 7

Autoroute Errors

I have run autoroute on my design. I get a message that there are 2 errors.
How can I find where those errors occur in the design?
How can I print the netlist?
Read more : Autoroute Errors | Views : 2086 | Replies : 1

PCB123 V5.0.3 installation: Invincea PCB123 V5.0.3 installation: Invincea

While running installation, I get a window saying:

"The following applications are using files which the installer must update. You can either close the applications and click "Try Again", or click "continue" so that the installer continues the installation, and replaces these files when your system restarts"

and then lists:
Invincea Browser Protection
Invincea VM Manager
Invincea Service

Invincea is the S/W installed by our IT folks ...
Read more : PCB123 V5.0.3 installation: Invincea | Views : 2230 | Replies : 3

2-sided footprint that's not a mirror image

I'm trying to make a footprint for SMA board edge connector (e.g. DigiKey P/N WM5536-ND). the connector has 3 solder pads on top side and 2 on the bottom. I search the forums and still cant figure out how can I make such a footprint. Could you point me in a right direction?
Read more : 2-sided footprint that's not a mirror image | Views : 2577 | Replies : 5

Panelization with PCB123

We need to have a number of identical small boards made, with sizes in the order of 0.3"x1". Is there any way to design some sort break-away panelized board in PCB123? For example via routing, perforation holes, or V-score?
Read more : Panelization with PCB123 | Views : 2217 | Replies : 3

Need a hand with 1 PCB Need a hand with 1 PCB

I put together a circuit for a friend that has 28 parts and I need to just make one of them. I was going to just hand wire it on a perf board and then noticed how inexpensive it would be to have a pro PCB made up for it.

However, I ran into the catch, learning 123PCB and doing a layout like this looks like a little more than I had bargained on, this ...
Read more : Need a hand with 1 PCB | Views : 64109 | Replies : 3

Feature Request - 3D View

I know the 3D View tool is not meant to be an end-all be-all modeler. But it would be really great if there were two other configuration switches:
1) Transparent On or Off. By that I mean, make the board either see thru (as it is now) or opaque top and bottom so you only see one side at a time
2) Perspective or Orthographic Projection. Right now it only does perspective. Orthographic would give ...
Read more : Feature Request - 3D View | Views : 1681 | Replies : 1

Symbol Original Name

I note on the .BOM a column titled Original Name. I had not noticed when modifying my schematic that apparently an R is prefixed to the symbol name under some conditions. Can anyone explain when the R is prefixed (under what conditions)?
Read more : Symbol Original Name | Views : 2459 | Replies : 3

Castellation

I want to make a PCB with castellations on the edge of the board. Do I just put plated holes halfway over edge of board and ignore the errors? I have not found anything at addresses this.
Read more : Castellation | Views : 2124 | Replies : 1

Layout for 9 Pin BGA

I am trying to use PCB123 to layout for a 9 pin BGA package (a TI DRV2605). The package is arranged as a 3 x 3 array. TI's layout recommendations recommend a 275 micrometer pad size with a maximum trace size of 75 to 100 micrometers. It appears that a .005 inch trace is the minimum I can do. The required trace size is between .0029 and .0039 inches to the array pads. It seems ...
Read more : Layout for 9 Pin BGA | Views : 1987 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1102 • Total topics 495 • Total members 106137