It is currently Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:02 am

News News of General PCB123 Discussion

Site map of General PCB123 Discussion » Forum : General PCB123 Discussion

Discuss PCB123. Talk to the influencers. Be an influencer.

V5.1.2 Feedback

Here's a couple of issue I've noticed in v5.1.2.

1. In high contrast mode in layout you can no longer see pin/net names on pads. It looks like the color for the text is the same pink as the pads. I use high contrast mode a lot, so this can be an inconvenience.

2. When moving text for schematic parts that have been flipped vertical the text moves the opposite direction of the mouse ...
Read more : V5.1.2 Feedback | Views : 5527 | Replies : 1

Key not valid for use in specified state

If you get an error message "Key not valid for use in specified state" during installation. This is caused by a bug in Windows update KB2918614. Here is the link to this Windows Update

Known issues with this security update

Known issue 1

After you install this security update and try to install any MSI package that uses a mandatory or temporary user profile, the MSI package installation ...
Read more : Key not valid for use in specified state | Views : 5129 | Replies : 0

PCB123 windows 8 installation fail due to permission issue.

For some user trying to install PCB123 on windows 8 PC, it might fail due to writing permission to some folders.

Make sure you are the Admin of this PC,
Make sure you are setting the right permission to the C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp folder, and right click> properties> security> full control to current user

This should fix the installation problem.
Read more : PCB123 windows 8 installation fail due to permission issue. | Views : 3079 | Replies : 0

Incorrect routing

I am new and learning. I have been using HiwireII for years and thought I would give PCB123 CAD Software a shot. I have designed a small learning schematic and pcb but have some problems. I have designated the trace width and clearance for the net AGND as .020 and .020. The autoroute routes and runs the .02 trace but always runs it too close to pins creating drc errors. No matter what I try ...
Read more : Incorrect routing | Views : 37145 | Replies : 3

Silkscreened Logo

How can I add a company logo (image file) to the silkscreen?
Read more : Silkscreened Logo | Views : 19502 | Replies : 3

Funny Shaped Part Pads

I have a part with some oddly shaped pads specified in the part's recommended footprint. It seems that in the footprint editor, there are only 3 options for pin shapes. Therefore, I chose the closest one (square pad) and then extended them to match the recommended footprint using filled polygons in the metal layer.

My problem is that I get DRC errors indicating that the polygons are too close to the pins. I cannot find ...
Read more : Funny Shaped Part Pads | Views : 2554 | Replies : 1

Deleting Nets

How can I delete unused nets?

I'm in the midst of the learning curve of PCB123, and the board I'm working on now has a large number of repeating patterns. When I copy and paste, all the established nets are renamed (eg XXX_112) in the copy. I rename these as need be, but I can't find a way to delete the "temporary" nets that arose when I copy/pasted. It makes assigning nets extremely tedious. ...
Read more : Deleting Nets | Views : 2418 | Replies : 1

v5.1.0 Feedback

So I've been using version 5.1.0 since it was released and have some feedback:

1) Thanks for the update regarding faster rendering of PCBs with complex polygon areas. The change is definitely noticeable and appreciated, but I'd say it is likely closer to a 2x boost in performance rather than 5-10x. On the PCBs I work with, it is still not possible to view the entire PCB with polygons rendered properly without PCB123 simply crashing. ...
Read more : v5.1.0 Feedback | Views : 37722 | Replies : 6

Convert PCB123 v3 to v5

I downloaded the latest PCB123 (v5) and tried to open one of my .123 files created in v3.

The board layout looks fine, but the schematic is just the components, not laid out or connected. How do I get back my original schematic?
Read more : Convert PCB123 v3 to v5 | Views : 27593 | Replies : 17

How do I move existing tracks to another layer? How do I move existing tracks to another layer?

I just finished a 2-layer PCB layout but need to implement a design change -- I have to increase the number of layers to 4 so that I have ground planes on either side of my tracks. I need to move my top and bottom tracks to the two inner layers. How do I do this?

I tried selecting a track and changing the layer but it only affects one segment, and I have hundreds ...
Read more : How do I move existing tracks to another layer? | Views : 1806 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Total posts 1099 • Total topics 494 • Total members 80111